We’re hard at work on season two, capturing fresh conversations with business owners around the country. In the meantime, we wanted to put out some bonus episodes with highlights from season one. Each of the three bonus episodes will focus on a different theme, and will be released in the weeks leading up to the launch of season 2 in late January.
In this bonus episode, you'll hear from small business owners from our first season who make connecting with their community a top priority. They share tips on how to build strong relationships with local people and organizations -- and build the case for why other small business owners should consider integrating community development into their core practices.
This episode features:
- Christine Hollerbach, CEO of Hollerbach's German Restaurant in Sanford, Florida.
- Jamie and Jerry Baker, co-owners of Trendy Teachers in Rome, Georgia
- Martha Moore and Ashley Owens, co-owners and founders of Martha & Ash in Camden, South Carolina
- Kenneth Bentley, co-host of The Barbershop Conversation podcast, based in Goldsboro, Florida.
- Harvey Williams, co-founder and CEO of Delta Dirt Distillery in Helena, Arkansas
- Terrand Smith, founder and CEO of 37 Oaks in Chicago, Illinois
- Danny Reynolds, owner of Stephenson's of Elkhart in Elkhart, Indiana
- Lindsay McDonald Goodson, CEO of Keith McDonald Plumbing in Milledgeville, Georgia
- Amber Lambke, co-founder and CEO of Maine Grains in Skowhegan, Maine.
- Anette Soto Landeros, co-owner of Casa Azul Coffee and President and CEO of the Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Fort Worth, Texas